Well life has been very busy and stressful!! The statement that "no two are alike" is SO true, I thought Ryan was such a good baby because I was a good mom and that any following children would be just as good if I did the same thing......WRONG! Caroline has really given me a run for my money and my patience!! My previous posts about her being a easy baby and good sleeper were lies...well not lies, she just hadn't come to life yet!!! First she has her days and nights messed up, which is really difficult, especially when she wants to be awake from 12am to 4am-not my idea of a good time. Ryan was sleeping through the night at 3 weeks, was on a schedule, and didn't wake in the middle of the night until he was about 14 months with an ear infection. It's been so hard not to compare or get frustrated with my sweet little girl. The second problem is she has reflux and screams most of the day!! We started her on medication yesterday and already it seems to help, the doctor said we should see really results in about two weeks!! YIPPEE!! Last of all she wants to be held ALL day, and nobody else will do! That is so stressful, because Jared tries but she is not having it, hopefully all of this will change!!
On a happy note Ryan is really starting to love his sister and wants to see her first thing in the morning and give her a kiss, he tends to leave her alone but he will randomly come up to her through out the day to give her a kiss and then go on with what ever he is doing. He is handling the fact that I need to hold her ALL the time pretty well and doesn't seem to bothered by that fact, which is such a blessing.
Oh but on a side note Ryan did learn how to climb out of his crib today!! Lovely just what I need! I heard him crying and realize he was standing at his door. I think he hurt/scared himself enough today that I hope he wont attempt it again for a while. I know that is a big wish, but here's to dreaming right!!
6 days ago

5 comments:
I'm so sorry she is testing your patience!! Hopefully things will get a lot better with this medicine! Good thing she is such a cute baby, right??!
hang in there mama!
you are doing good.
babies are hard.... we feel your pain.
when you get to my house today you can take a LONG nap.
love you~ kate
So nice to have a great sister! Sorry em for the busy baby. I hope that when you get the reflux under control you can take charge again. You ARE a good mom, and you will all adjust. Love you! Laur
Kiki had jaundice AND reflux for the first NINE months of her life. It wasn't until the cereal and more solid foods came full force that it dwindled the reflux away. BUT, there is LOTS of hope 'cause the medicine did help (DISCLAIMER: I didn't say take it away!). Sadly, after a while she got used to it and so did we....
Oh Em!! Thats sooo hard!! I feel for you!! Drake actually just slept through the night, without waking once!, last night!!!!!! That was his first time ever!!!! So I know how you feel....just think...when your up, I am probably up too!! Call me!!
Post a Comment