So my friend Alison was asking me the other day if I had food storage, and I replied, "Wellllll, I have a tiny bit." "well what do you have." I laughed and paused to think,"I have a can of flour, a can of sugar, a can of hot chocolate mix...." Alison said,"Hot Chocolate mix, wow Emily that will really save your life, why do you have hot chocolate mix? What are you going to do with an entire can of hot chocolate mix?" I wasn't quite sure and once I said it, it sounded kinda silly to me too! BUT now I can you my friends what you do with a can of hot chocolate- DRINK IT!!
It has been snowing here all day and we have about 7" with no sign of it stopping!! So what do you do when it is snow outside, well I try to avoid it with everything I have. But having a two year old makes that kind of impossible!! So what did we do-we geared up the best we could in our Texas snow clothes(cloth mittens, a winter jacket 2 sizes to big, a pair of pj's, a pair of sweat pants, and a hat!) And why is it that I find my gloves any time of the year except when I actually need them????? So the first thing Ryan said when he came in from playing in the snow,"Mom can we have hot chocolate now?"
















5 comments:
Do you ever think? Al Gore, global warming? Really? It is snowing in Texas!? That much? Crazy! I love your make shift snow clothes... and yes, we have hot chocolate mix, and vanilla pudding in our food storage! We will really be set! :)
Love the first one of Ryan, such a big boy! Lots of fun in Texas, it will be sad if it doesn't snow next year!
so fun!
and great pics!
i am glad you braved to cold to indulge that cute little 2 year old of yours!
good mama!
and caroline looks like she is having a great time! :) tee hee!
love you
Yeah, so I always thought it would be dumb to buy all that food storage hot chocolate. We do have about a year's supply in everything else...mostly. But wouldn't you know, when it snowed yesterday...I ran out of hot chocolate. I made some from cocoa, homemade and the kids didn't like it made with powdered milk. So sad!
I say to you, Emily, way to be prepared!
You got some great pics! Your kids are adorable. Can't wait to hang out Wednesday.
Post a Comment