Okay so here is a run down of my last week and a half!
Thursday: Get ready for Bunco party I'm hosting, clean my house while holding Caroline the whole time
Friday: Run errands in the morning, lunch,pack, make skirts for Katies girls, work on Carolines birthday party, make matching outfits for ry and Caroline for Larsons Luau Birthday Party, watch a friends kid while she gets ready for her sons 1st birthday, make and decorate cupcakes for friend, sound asleep at 8pm
Saturday: get up and shower, pack for all three of us, pack up the car, get the pack'n'play, go to the bank and get cash, pick up a dvd player from a friend, be at Birthday Party at 11, arrive at party at 11:45, need to leave by 12, leave at 12:15, drive to my mom's and get stuck in traffic, want to be on our way by 1pm for St. Louis, we are on the road at 3, drive on the most annoying stretch of highway ever(a little town every 7 miles that you have to slow down,slow down, slow down, then speed up speed up speed.),after several stops we finally made it to Katie and Matt's house at around 12 or 1 I can't remember, get everyone in bed because they didn't sleep the entire way out there except maybe the last hour off and on, and once I realized Caroline wont poop in her car seat-she wants to get up and walk around-she got alot happier!
Sunday: Get up and get ready for church, head to church, I get a migraine, Reese gets a fever, head home and get the kids in bed at 6!
Monday: We head to the Science Museum and had a great time-until Delaney suddenly got a fever and was very sleepy-luckily it was at the end of the day and we all had a great time. Mom bought pizza for everyone and the kids were again in bed at 6!
Tuesday: Everyone got up and ready to go to the The Magic House. We let the kids watch a movie while the adults finished cleaning up and getting dressed, Ry fell asleep while watching Toy Story(which has NEVER happened before), we let ry sleep thinking we would go when he wakes up, Ry wakes up with a fever! and throwing up, so much for The Magic House! I really wanted to go and our muesum pass would have gotten us all in for free. Spend the day at the house, make some things for Carolines Birthday Party, just hang out.
Wednesday: Carolines First Birthday!!! We are off to the City Museum! If you are ever in St Louis you have to go!!! It was amazing! Ry seems to have recovered from the day before. We are there ALL day! While there we found this huge 7 story twisty slide-Katie went down first with Reese, then I kind of tossed Ryan down(that was probably a bad mommy move since I had NO idea what the slide was like) I could hear Ryan clank his way down, I felt horrible!! After everyone went down we discovered that Reese had gotten hurt. Katie took Reese to the doctors for some x-rays(it turned out to be a sprained ankle-poor Reese), Mimi and I stayed with the other three, we climb, crawled, ran, throw, rode, bounced, laughed, giggled, cut, ate, slid, listened, jumped, this place was AMAZING!!! Go see the Arch(well we just ran out of time), We got home and Reese was okay(so to speak), Katie decorated the house for Carolines birthday, had dinner, had Carolines party and the kids were in bed by 6! Caroline was asleep before I was out of the room-but oh how looks can be deceiving-that little girl was up I think every hour through the night!!
Thursday: Wake up call at 6:30(like every morning we were there), get dressed and pack up since we were leaving today. Go to Zoomagination and The Magic House to get out and do something before we get in the car for the next 10 hours, well by the time we were packed I was over everything and ready to go home. The kids were melting down, Reese didn't feel go and Caroline had a fever. Little had I known I would have taken the kids somewhere to play for a little while. And then came the drive from hell! It was miserable, I think we stopped 12 times at least!!!! I wont bore you with all the gory details, but my mom is a SAINT! But saying that I don't think she will volunteer for a rode trip with me and my charges anytime soon ever again!! I pulled into our driveway at 2 am with two children who slept a whopping hour, maybe if that!!! All I can say is it was a LONG day!
Friday: Kids woke up at 9:30, took them to the doctor( Caroline has goopy eyes, runny nose, fever, and a rash ALL over her body), waited, waited, and waited, she has a ear infection, then headed to Target to get another way too expensive prescription, got some things for Carolines party, headed home and put the kids down for a MUCH needed naps(they slept for 5 and 6 hours), I started to clean for Carolines party on Saturday(yes the next day), when the kids woke up went to Costco to get food for the party, put the kids to bed, Maria came over and helped me decorate, finished the last couple of things, in bed at 1:30.
Saturday: I woke up at 7 showered, and started to clean up, jared took ry out to breakfast, went to the store for frosting(since I forgot it)and several other things and balloons. Got home at 10:30(party started at 11), started cooking the food, iced the cupcakes, and then everyone started to arrive......it was a beautiful, fun party! We had a great time and so glad we could have so many friends and family to celebrate Carolines 1st Birthday! I kicked out the last of the guest at 2 and was sound asleep before they were out of the driveway!!
It was a CRAZY couple of day and I had a blast BUT I am so glad that it is over!!







3 comments:
Great job, binge blogger! We all feel like we were on the trip with you! Love ya, Laur
Oh my gosh! I know why we are friends. :) I will try and pack it all in JUST like that! Glad you had fun. Sorry everyone was sick!
BTW.. i laughed so hard when I looked at the blog you told me to check... seriously! 11?
i am tired just reading it!
Post a Comment