Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt Spectacular


I had an Easter Egg hunt for some friends today and it was a BLAST!!!
I made lunch with the help of my friends since I didn't have everything ready when they got here!

 The adults dined on Chinese Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, and Egg Salad Sandwiches 
and the children ate(which might not be quite accurate since they were more excited about the upcoming hunt, they couldn't sit still long enough to finish, or in some cases even start)
Peanut Bunny Sandwiches with Carrot sticks

And for dessert, oh wait I mean for dinner I made these too
APRIL FOOLS!!!
T.V. Dinner -Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, and Peas & Carrots

Now for the decorations
 that I have made over the past couple of weeks
I Mod-Podged the Egg and I found the stand at Goodwill already painted-when I found it I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!

Some more Eggs and Carrots that I made out of muslin and then painted. I found the idea on TIPJUNKIE I think.

I also made this Rabbit Garland out of felt and freezer paper-it was very quick and easy!

To Eat or Not to Eat- that is the question!!!

Kenzie and Caroline hanging out!!

Let the hunt begin!!!
Grant finding some eggs
Thanks Mel for taking a bunch of pictures and sharing with me!!

Gabby(I think, Jess is this Gabby or Kenzie?)
Enjoying her find!!


Liney Girl
WHO DID NOT WANT HER BINKIE TAKEN OUT OF HER MOUTH!!!!
And showing her amazing balance skills!!
Neither one is looking at the camera but hey it's what we got, so it will work!!  Ryan was way to busy checking out his candy pile!!!
It was such a fun morning thanks girls for coming and eating lunch with me I had a blast, I can't wait to do it again!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for having us! It was such a blast. Lunch was so yummy. Great post. Can't believe you did it already. I came home and took a two hour nap with Grant.

Laur said...

Such a cute event, Em, you are SOOOO creative! PS And the kids are awfully cute, too!

Anonymous said...

carlines skirt is so freaking cute!

Haynes Family said...

You are the most amazing mom! All your decorations and fun food is so cool! Seriously, I need lessons from you.