2 Chicken breast
1 can coconut milk
1/2 to 2 teaspoons red curry paste
1/2 can bamboo shoots
1 red bell pepper
1/4 cup basil
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Chop up chicken into bite size pieces, put in hot saute pan with slat and pepper. Saute until golden brown. Take out of pan so that the chicken doesn't dry out-set aside while getting everything else ready.
Put coconut milk and curry paste in the same pan and simmer for about 5 minutes. I don't like things spicy at all and I can tolerate about a 1/2 a teaspoon of the curry paste. The original recipe call for 2 tablespoons!!! Now you can add the bamboo shoots(I bought the sliced ones) sliced red bell pepper and chopped basil. Let that simmer until the bell pepper becomes a little softer. Now add the chicken broth, brown sugar and add back in the chicken. Let that all simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Serve this with jasmine rice!! It really makes a difference and taste so good. The rice is a little fragrant and sweet so it goes well with the chicken.
You can buy the bamboo shoots, rice and coconut milk in the Asian aisle in the grocery store. The red curry paste might be a little expensive but it should last you FOREVER!!
This is enough to feed two people and is very quick. Start your rice first so that everything will be done at the same time.
This is my lame attempt to recreate something at the Thai Kitchen-even though it taste nothing like anything there.
Also these are my new dishes that I got for Christmas!! I love them.


1 comments:
That looks really yummy, and I don't even like Curry! :) Hey, I noticed you like recipes and cooking... you should check out Whatcha Got Cookin' on my blog. It is under our links. My friend started this recipe blog up and it is good! There are great recipes and it has made dinner in our house FANTASTIC! If you leave a comment, my friend Jenny will add you as a "contributor" and then you can add recipes all you want. If you don't want to be a contributor just take a look and try some recipes...
I would love to know more of your yummy goodness from the kitchen!
Post a Comment