Thursday, February 28, 2008

APARTMENTS!!!!

I'm really tried of living in an apartment-it's on the third floor, we're running out of space and we don't have enough room for the dog(which I do miss in case some people were wondering), oh and did I mention the third floor, and a twenty pound baby who is still extremely immobile. So last week I scheduled to have the carpets clean on Wednesday(yesterday), so all weekend I cleaned and tidied up so the the floors were really clean and all the clutter was gone. My carpets were GROSS, a couple days ago I spilled an entire container of yogurt, then mixed with baby food, and a glass of milk that Jared spilled while trying to hand to me, we all know how gross spoiled milk smells, so my carpets were disgusting. Yesterday morning I woke up and moved all the furniture out of the way and did a good vacuum job over the whole house(which I need a new one before I get the dog back, dog hair is so hard on vacuums, I've gone though three vacuums in the last three year-does anyone know of a good vacuum that will work with dog hair?) made sure everything was off the floor, then got the baby up for the morning which was about 10:00, quickly got him dress then got in the car and drove to my parents house-got suck in traffic at 11:08 am and went 4 miles in one hour!! Ugh to be stuck in the car for over two hours is not my idea of fun-luckily the end result was fun! Hung out with my family all day and then at 9pm called Jared and asked him how the carpets looked, "They look great," me, "are they dry already?" "yep they feel pretty dry," was his response. I excitedly drove to see my new clean carpets and my husband. I opened the front door with a sleeping baby in my arms, took one look at the carpets and knew nothing had happened!!! Such man vision!!! How could he not tell? I love ya hun but come on now.... He had nicely put everything back where it belongs and took everything out of the babies crib. I asked them "how did you think the carpets were clean?" "well there wasn't anything on them, they looked pretty clean to me!!" Well I guess that's true, with no clutter the house does look alot cleaner. So I called the apartment and asked them what happened and they said the was a mix up ie. they forgot to call ( I think ie is right Jared and I had a big disscusion about the difference bewteen ie and eg...but now I can't remember.) So they said they could come this afternoon, I called at 2 and they said the cleaners had just come and picked up the key and it should only take about 30 minutes. At three I headed home with a VERY tired baby and again the carpets weren't clean uuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhh, so now I was really fired up I called the office and asked what was going on since I called over an hour ago. They said he had to clean another house first and that he was on his way. I was walking out to take Ryan on a walk and the cleaners pulled up FINALLY after all that it only took 20 minutes and now Ryan is peacefully sleeping!!!

2 comments:

The Flying V said...

Apartments are the worst! I am glad you got them cleaned, but sorry about the hassle. That is like when you need the plumber to come and he says he will be there between 7 am and 5 pm... Seriously. Like we don't have anything better to do than to sit around waiting for your nasty crack trash. :)

The Flying V said...

that is Jen Scott speaking above. Sorry I am signed in under my in laws account.