Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whaattt HAPPENED???

So Ryan was all ready for bed, fresh and clean from a nice warm bath, lotioned up and in clean warm jammies. Jared was giving him a bottle(I'm slowly weaning, I'm just kind of over it.) and all of a sudden Ryan started PUKING and all I could think of was "oh no my brand new clean carpets that I waited two days for and are just starting to dry out, please, please, please don't let that land on the carpet!" Being a good dad Jared kept it all on him, I kept thinking he was done and then more would come out-it was crazy. After it was all over Ryan looked just as stunned as I was. I don't think he is sick I just think he was full. This wasn't even half of the mess.

Poor thing the jammies he was wearing had to go over his head, so up the nose it went. He was laughing and kicking the whole time so it didn't seem to bother him. Back into the bath he went again! I think it was a plot to take another bath, and we did the whole bedtime routine again. He finished the rest of his bottle and off to bed he went without a peep!! Not sure what caused it, but I guess he was fine!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yuck! That is one of the worst things...to have a kid throwing up all over everything. Good luck weaning.

EEK said...

Hairball. It happens at my house all the time.

XYZinn said...

When Ryley was about 7 months old I felt the same way...I was just "over" it and I wanted my body back. She was weaned by 8 months. Good luck!
Oh, and about the carpet thing...I think carpet should be outlawed when you have kids. Carpet is just too high maintenance with all the throwing up, poop, pee, dog hair, etc. :)
Jill

JS said...

I hate carpet. I swear I vacuum everyday. ( I am a tad OCD...but still) The minute I vacuum they have rubbed smashed cheerios into the carpet. Oh well! Sorry about the throw up! He must of done it so he could get back in the bath. He sounds like a water baby! :)

Robins Family said...

I agree with Jen, your carpet must have still been dirty so he felt that he needed to get back in the bath before bed (lol).