Monday, April 21, 2008

Did you ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

Ryan has acted sick all week!! He had a temperature of 102.5, won't eat or drink has bottle, and is crying all the time!! He doesn't want me to put him down and is just generally cranky!! I went in last Tuesday for his 9 month appointment with a very happy and came home with a fuss budget. So on Friday I called the doctor to try and figure out what was going on with my baby. The nurse called me back and said that he probably picked up a bug while we where there for his checkup!! Bummer dude!! That really sucks to go to the doctor with a totally healthy baby and come home with a sick one, isn't it supposed to happen the other way around? So today I went in with my sick child to find out exactly what was wrong with him. Once I got to the doctor I think everyone thought I was a hypochondriac because he was all smiles!!!

He smiled at everyone and was laughing with the doctor! All the girls we walked by he smiled and wrinkled up his nose at them. How can anyone believe me when I bring in a sick baby who is all smiles?? Why can't he smile at home? Okay so the doctor did see some drainage in his ear, so I guess he is a little sick and I'm not totally crazy.

3 comments:

XYZinn said...

Last week we went to Kirye's one year checkup and the next day or the day after that, both my kids were sick. Nice!

JS said...

I hate how kids always act better once they get to the doctor, and you are like... "well he really did throw up like 12 times on the way here, and has cried for 3 weeks straight." And then being a new mom doesn't help and they just pat your hand and say, "ahh, newbie." :) Just glad he is better.

JS said...

just wait until Ryan gets a yeast infection.. yea that does happen to boys.. .we just got over it. :) we...meaning Merrick, not me. :)