Friday, June 27, 2008

Waxing

Yesterday my mom asked me to wax her eyebrows because she can on longer see them without her glasses on, but can't wax with her glasses on, ahh, getting old really does have some down falls. She lays her pretty head on my lap and I carefully dip the wand in the hot wax and spread across her woolly brow. I do both sides and am finishing up on the end when a big blob of wax drips into her hair! YIKES! I start laughing because I couldn't think of anything better to do, then I grabed the hair and tried to wipe it out but that didn't do anyone any good because that just spread the wax into more places. Now my mom has thin hair and needs all the help she can get, so my little mistake isn't helping anyone considering we had to cut out a chunk of hair because the wax was not coming out. Well she didn't learn from the first mistake and thought she needed a little more off one side, so again I dip my little magic wand and begin to apply to the bottom of her eye lid, this time the drip falls onto her eyelashes~OH MY GOSH~I toss my not so magical wand aside ie. into the other side of her hair because I freaked out and didn't know what to do, then I started laughing so hard I cried, but mostly out of fear that my mom was going to be bald, eyebrow less, and have no eyelashes. At this point in time I seriously fought the urge to get my camera and take a pic because that would be disrespectful. After we (I) regained control-I don't think my mom was laughing as hard as I was, partly becasue her eye was waxed shut and she couldn't have cried if she wanted to.-we decided that maybe olive oil might save the eyelashes-cutting the eyelashes was not an option for my mom. The olive oil worked like a charm and we only lost two lashes in the devastation. We all learned a lesson-
PAY THE $8 DOLLARS TO HAVE A LITTLE VIETNAMESE LADY WAX YOUR EYEBROWS FOR YOU

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it bad for me to be laughing hysterically - or was that disrespectful TOO???? Your poor mama....

JS said...

that was hilarious. I laughed SO hard! I am sorry to your mom, but seriously, I know you Emily! Once you start laughing it is all over! :) I wish you recorded it. That would have been hilarious to listen too. :)

Lisa said...

ummm, yea, it was hilarious all right! Thankfully, I had the olive oil idea, and saved myself from looking like a college dorm prank gone too far. Disaster was averted, and Emily lived to tell the tale. Yes, I will pay the little lady, and have her do my toes while i am at it! love mom

Laur said...

EEEEW, you have HAIR on your toes? I guess I shouldn't talk since I am your little sister, and bound to suffer the same fate. I am grateful to know your trick. Sorry for laughing, I did have to change my undies... Yes, a picture would have been worth at least a thousand words! Love you both, Laur

Lisa said...

PAINT my toes, dearie!

XYZinn said...

That is hilarious. I am getting a bikini wax for the first time next week! YIKES! I am scared, but we are going on vacation and I don't want to have to worry about it...if you know what I mean.