Saturday, July 12, 2008

The party never ends...

What a fun party, thanks to all of our family and friends for coming to Ryan's first birthday and making it special for us!! We love that all of our family is so close!!
Ryan didn't quite get opening presents yet... The bag was as big an he was...
Playing with grandpa. Thanks to everyone for all the nice gifts, Ryan got a marching band set, basketball hoop, baseball game, several trucks, pj's, gift card, and a play table-you think he might be a boy??
sitting with dad, taking it all in
I got the idea to make a birthday banner from my friend jen-I used fabric and a fabric stiffener called "stiffy" appropriate name I guess...I had a lot of help making this banner, hopefully I will be able to keep track of it for years to come and get some good use out of the hard work!!
This is his ONE shirt I made for him with a fish in a bowl
This is his fish cake I made for him, there was a mommy, daddy and baby fish!!
Playing with his cake-he didn't really like it though!
What fun is a party with out a good swim!
He was out before we even left the driveway of Jared's parents house!!
It's hard to party like a ONE year old!!
Happy Birthday!!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad we live close enough to celebrate with you Ryan!
We had fun at your party.
love mimi and gramps

Leah and Mike said...

Oh my gosh, that cake is ADORABLE!! Looks like he had a great party. I can't believe he is 1 already. What a cute little 1-year-old you have :) Can you believe it?!?!

Carmen said...

You are so crafty! I don't think I could even make a regular frosted cake let alone one that actually resembled something. Ryan is one lucky guy...and p.s. the heat thing will definitely be an issue should we relocate down south, I'm sure Brett will hear about it plenty :)