Tuesday, September 2, 2008

50 is nifty!!






Today my mom turns fifty!! Wow I can't believe she is that old already, she was always the youngest and the coolest!!



  1. She is always up for a party

  2. She is a wonderful cook!! People always wanted to come over to eat!!

  3. She would sew our costumes for Halloween when every one else had crappy plastic ones.

  4. My mom is always in the mood to talk.

  5. She is a great listener, she always wanted to hear all about my dates.

  6. She would let me have all my friends over just to hang out!

  7. She encouraged me in sports

  8. She was a great waterskier, when she was a teenager she was ask to ski for an amusement park like Sea World!!

  9. My mom NEVER complains!! She had a horrible accident last year and never complained about the terrible pain she was in!! Even if she wasn't feeling great you would never know it

  10. She wasn't crazy about keeping the house clean, she was reasonable!

  11. She is the best example of what a mom should be!!

  12. She always took the time to teach us new experiences-in the summer time she would take us on different outings, the most memorable for all of us is the trip to the dump!!

  13. Mom is always up for a car drive, she will go anywhere.

  14. She took alot on herself, my dad traveled alot, so that meant doing it all on her own a lot of the time, she is a brave women!!

  15. She taught us to be medical savvy, she always took great interest in out medical care.

  16. She let us miss school to go on family vacations!

  17. We went on wonderful camping trip, which now I know were WAY more work then just staying home for the week, but we have wonderful family memories of time well spent together.

  18. Mom is always willing to hit the lake, she will go anytime anyplace!

  19. She taught me how to have a happy marriage. She is the best wife and I still learn from her everyday.

  20. She always has a spirit about her, she guided gently, but with purpose!

  21. She never held back the truth.

  22. She told my dad everything, we knew they were a united front, that's reassuring to a child growing up.

  23. Mom is always willing to help no matter what! She came to help before I had Ryan, now she lives here she will be able to be around even more.

  24. She was willing to let my dad start his own company even though it was scary and meant she had to give up alot, and she hasn't complained.

  25. She was the funnest leader in Young Women's, I loved having my mom there.

  26. She took the time to explain things to me, I had a friend who got pregnant in High School and she stayed up and cried with me! Instead of avoiding the conversation and letting me find out through people, she took the time to tell me, I always appreciated that.

  27. She would always talk to me before I want to bed.

  28. She always made people feel welcome no matter what.

  29. She made me be nice to my sister even when there were times when that seemed impossible!! I so grateful that she help to grow that relationship, and made us work at it, Katelyn is my best friend and I owe that to my mom.

  30. She stuck up for me when I deserved it, I had a math teacher who had it out for me and my parents went to bat for me.

  31. Mom taught me how to sew, I didn't really like it at first but now I'm so glad that I know, I even been able to sew alot of beautiful things for me house, and family.

  32. My mom gave me the love of reading, she bought me my first Ramona book in first grade and I haven't stopped since. Reading has always been a wonderful escape for me.

  33. My mom taught me how to cook, I love to cook and create new things.

  34. She is very spontaneous, willing to go and do anything new!

  35. Willing to try anything.

  36. Loves to go on trips with adventures involved, my parents are going to Spain at the end of the month and our going to take a little side trip to Africa!!

  37. Would surprise us with little notes or letters.

  38. She worked really hard when we were young to make sure we had everything we needed, I don't know where she found the energy. SERIOUSLY!!

  39. She has a very strong testimony, and is willing to share her testimony with us.

  40. She raised four children that all go to church and have been to the temple(my dad help in this process too, they were both great examples of how to be a member.)

  41. She is a wonderful grandma and always wants the updates, and is so excited to she her grandbabies!!

  42. She is a great sister, she loves being around and spending time with her own sisters!

  43. She makes killer orange rolls! If you haven't had the pleasure of sinking our teeth into these, your missing out!!

  44. She worries about making other people happy

  45. She doesn't gossip, that is a wonderful lesson and example that she set for us girls.

  46. She asks our opinion about fashion, I think its cute, because she wants to look her best.

  47. She loves my dad and I know that she would chose him all over again.

  48. She is a great photographer

  49. She taught us the scriptures

  50. She is my mom so that makes her the BEST!!!

I love you mom and I so thankfully that Heavenly Father sent me to you and dad!! Thanks for all your hard work and love!!

6 comments:

Katelyn said...

yeah- she is pretty dang awesome. I feel bad for the rest of the world that had to have other moms- bc no body is as good as ours! :)

Emily- where are 47-50... seriously- it is giving me OCD, how can you stop at 46 on her 50th b-day! :) I can't help it! love you ~ katelyn

Katelyn said...

ahh- now I can see them. And the pictures too- i could not see those before either! Cute post em! She will cry when she reads it! :) ~ kate

Laur said...

Okay, so I challenge everyone reading this blog to make it thru all 50 reasons without crying... Impossible! Yes, it's all true, I'm her little sister and have know her a REALLY LONG TIME! But you know time flies when you're having fun. Oh, and I think the orange roll reason should count as two! Happy Birthday Lisa, you are loved! Laur

JS said...

Happy Birthday Lisa.

Seriously love her food, loved the cool decorating things your mom did to the house (ie the sponge painted bathroom). We could always hang at your house.

And you forgot one. She ages well! She looks great! She doesn't look 50!

Lisa said...

Ahh, you are so sweet. What a great way to celebrate 50! With my lovely daughters and grandbabies!
Thanks Em, I love you a million!

Leah and Mike said...

That is such a sweet list. I love the pictures, especially the one of you as a tiny baby. She sounds like a great mom! Happy Birthday to her!!