Friday, October 17, 2008

15 months and growing....


Ryan had his 15 month check up today! I can't believe that he is that old already!! He weighted in at 23lbs 10oz. and 33inches long and a huge head!! The doctor said that he was very friendly and happy!! He is still sleeping like a champ, but a very picky eater(which still drives me crazy!!)He loves to dance, talk on the phone, finally he is getting some hair on top to balance out the mullet he is getting in the back with his curly hair, he thinks anywhere we go the people there are there to see him!! Ry is a huge flirt and still LOVES blonde's. He is BUSY, his little boy is ON THE GO, the only thing that can get him to hold still for more then 15 minutes is the movie 101 Dalmatians, he loves all the dogs and barking, he will sit still for the ENTIRE movie! He loves to read books and can be found many times sitting in his room reading, he also loves singing or music of any kind(the wheels on the bus,he does most of the motions and patty cake)! He is always moving and getting into anything he can reach, luckily he hasn't learned to climb(knock on wood) because once he learns I'm in huge trouble! Ryan loves his blanket and his binkie which he would take anywhere if I let him! He waves and says "Hi" in a cute little high pitch voice to anyone in his vicinity until they say hi back to him. Now please don't get me wrong he's not always a perfect angel, and is starting to throw temper tantrums, plays in the toilet(which is less then lovely especially when he comes out of the bathroom brushing his hair with the toilet brush-great parenting moment I must say!) We have just a couple more months until he can go to nursery, I'm counting down the Sundays. Sundays are miserable for me, he is so busy and I don't get to listen to ANYTHING, I don't know why they don't have a nursery for mobile babies. Ryan has a bunch of words, hi, bye, ttee(tv), go go, down,ook(book), uu(up),eat, mom, dad, drink, amen, nini(night night), duck, eazzz(please)egg, katie, laney, lene(shalene), gra(grandpa,grandma), mimi, bebe(baby), yeah, boo(zoo), hat, dog, cat, phone, keys, ball, ba(bath) and he knows when he needs one, what some animals say-monkey(while pounding his chest), fish, sheep, tiger, lion, dinosaur, cat, duck, horse, dog, giraffe,elephant, and we are working on some others!! We love Ryan and our so thankful for him and that he is a part of our family, I'm excited to see him as a big brother and I know he will love his new baby sister! We love you Ryan, stay a happy boy!

Ryan and Gramps at the BYU TCU football game last night!! Ryan is NOT afraid of strangers and was passed up and down our row!!

8 comments:

Laur said...

What a BIG BOY! So cute, sweet and smart (triple threat!). Seems like just yesterday he was born, can't believe he's 15 months old! Love, Laur

Melissa said...

Cute post. We were going to go to the game but Justin had a conflict so we sold our tickets--glad we did. It seriously bummed us out. Justin will be out of town all week next week. Is there a day you would like to meet up for lunch? I'm happy to come out your way. Just let me know what day is good for you.

Katelyn said...

He is so sweet! He is going to be such a good big brother. My girls will have to barrow him as a big bro too!:) We love you! let play again soon! love you ryan. happy 1.25 birthday! ~katelyn

Melissa said...

Totally understand. I'll definitely take a rain check. Do you need help packing?

Lisa said...

He is the happiest baby I have ever known. Count your blessings.
I miss him so much, cant wait to see him later this week. love mom

Lisa said...

I miss you too! didnt want you to feel left out! love mimi

JS said...

He is such a cute boy! They grow so fast... I can't believe you are going to have another one soon.

Melissa said...

Emily, We are leaving Friday to go to my parents for the weekend. Does Tues or Thurs work?