Tuesday, February 3, 2009

~bad mom~

So we have been sick for the last week, which really sucks but I digress. Last week Ryan had goopy eyes and the doctor called in some eye drops but warned me that most of the time when there's goopy eye's there's also an ear infection. Well, I really didn't want to go to the doctor on Friday because we had our 18 month appointment today(I didn't want to pay my deductible twice in a couple of days) and he wasn't messing with his ears at all, just very cranky and a temp.

Today we went to the doctor and low and behold he has a full blown double ear infection which the doctor said looked really bad...ooopppps!!! I'm so sorry little guy, hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and my happy boy will return. Needless to say we didn't get our shots today, we'll hold off until he is all better. Ry weighed 25.5 lbs (70th percentile), 34 inches(95th percentile) and head 19 cm(90th percentile) so he is doing great growth wise!!

Can I claim that the bad choice was because I was sick too, with pink eye and strep throat??

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

It happens! You are not a bad mom! He survived! And in all honestly it probably won't be the last time. :)

Now hurry up and get healthy bc that baby is coming soon & she needs a healthy mama & brother! :) love you... can't wait!

Laur said...

Ditto - it's a mom mistake. All the great moms I know have made 'em. So get better and get those shots so your new baby girl comes home to a healthy home! Love you! Laur