Monday, March 23, 2009

Life with a new baby...

Church was less then lovely, 1'o'clock church is cruel and unusual punishment since it is right in the middle of nap time- Ryan was a wreck before we even left for church, so I had an idea that it wasn't going to be any fun. Before the opening song Jared took Carolines car seat out to the car, Ryan started to FREAK OUT! I handed Caroline to a grandma and Ryan started to FLIP OUT and scream, "NO MY BABY, MINE, NO, NO, NO, MINE, BABY!!"as he is squirming in my arms. Oh my gosh I wanted to die, I'm glad her is protective of his sister, but seriously in the middle of church. The rest of sacrament Jared sat out in the hall with Ryan on his lap while he screamed, because he wanted down to play. Once nursery time came along he was perfectly happy and had a great time. Ryan took a 3 hour nap once we got home!
Ryan is really starting to love his baby sister, and even though this picture doesn't look like it he is really quite gentle and loving.

I LOVE the but up in the air when they sleep!!
So life with a new baby has caught up with me, and the baby high is over. Now don't get me wrong I love her and she is wonderful, but I forgot how much work a new baby truely is, along with a almost two year old tornado. Caroline wants ME and only me to hold her ALL the time!! Also she has had a little bit of a pooping problem, she hasn't been able to go in like 7 days-which makes for a very unhappy baby, I never thought I would worry so much about poop happening or not happening or go through so much to make "IT" happen. We tried glycerin suppositories, glycerin enema, my finger trying to figure out if there was a blockage, apple juice, and finally Miralax. Yesterday we finally had "blast off"!! She was much happier and able to sleep better today so that is nice. I just forgot how much babies cry, or maybe Ryan didn't cry this much, I don't remember.

3 comments:

JS said...

Emily! My friends little girl has the same problem. She was told to bath her baby in baking soda. She did, and she poops like a champ. Then she gets clogged again, and they do it all over again. She says that advice was the best she was ever given! Try it next time.

Laur said...

Hang in there, Sweet Mama. You can do it! Sounds like you definitely have your hands full. Caroline is looking so chubby! So fun to watch them grow. Love ya, Laur

Lisa said...

sweet baby!