Sunday, May 3, 2009

Leftovers

This was the easiest, tastest dinner I've made in a long time.
I NEVER eat leftovers, but I happily ate all the leftovers from this dinner. There are all kinds of things you could add to this pasta (olives, chicken, bacon, the list could go on and on, but it was perfectly wonderful just the way it was!)
Penne with Two Tomatoes



6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Coarse salt and ground pepper
12 ounces penne rigate
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 cup snipped chives (I used basil instead, wonderful)




Directions
Place cheese in freezer. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and set aside.
In pasta pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and pasta water. Cook until cherry tomatoes soften, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add pasta, chilled cheese, and chives to pot, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.

3 comments:

Bowlby Family Organazation said...

I should have tried it that night that you made it. I think we will have it for dinner this week.

Lisa said...

MMMM mmmm goood! It was delish, I will make that for me and dad, or maybe laur and me. Thanks for the great dinner. love mom

Melissa said...

Wow! That looks yummy. Definitely a keeper. Congrats on having both kiddos in the same room. You give me hope for when we have two kids someday.