Okay so after my hellish week I decided that we needed some major changes in our house!! I have become pretty lazy and letting the TV take over our lives. I love TV and I love that my kids enjoy watching TV, but on the days that we didn't go anywhere it was all that we did. Ry is starting to be pretty difficult, sassy, defiant and so I realized that we needed some major changes in our life. It's a change that I have been resisting for two years now, it's something I've never enjoyed and haven't wanted to be held too and that thing is a SCHEDULE!!! So here is our new schedule!
7am: I get up and get dressed
7:30: Ryan gets up goes potty and gets dressed
7:45: We make breakfast and sometime in there Caroline wakes up.
8: Ryan plays with a toy of my choosing
8:30: Clean up and read books to both of the kids
9: we go to the park or library or run an errand. This might also become the time I go to the gym,but we will see.
10ish: Caroline goes down for a nap and Ryan and I start school time.
We do ABC flash cards, shapes and numbers, read a book about the theme for that week, do an art project, and read another book-this time is changing and evolving as we find what works for us.
11: Ry plays in the family room with blocks or legos while I get lunch ready and Caroline wakes up sometime during this period.
11:30: We eat lunch
12: ry reads books while I play with Caroline
12:30:We all play together sort of.
1: they both go down for a nap in separate rooms and I rest or clean, but most likely rest.
3: We get out of the house again and do something just depends on whats going on.
5: Caroline takes another little nap and this is where the day get a little sketchy I'm not sure what goes on, usually I clean while Ry plays
6: I make dinner
6:30 We eat dinner
7: The kids take a bath
7:30 Jared read books
8: The kids are in bed fast asleep!
If you didn't notice there was no TV in there!! We did it all week, and it was great Ry didn't miss it and I didn't miss it too bad. It's a lot of work to keep him busy all day(and I'd go to bed exhausted) and today I decided that Saturdays are TV DAY, I'm just to tired to try and keep him busy all day today too. It was a lot of work but everyone was happier and alot gentler. That's been part of the problem Ryan has been really rough and aggressive, but I think it has helped, so that's great. The funniest thing was Caroline was the MOST excited today to watch TV, she was kicking her legs and flapping her arms and laughing when she saw the TV on this morning. She just sat in her high chair and ate her breakfast(for over an hour)!
So this is a rough draft and what I'm trying to stick to, things have been better and I've noticed a difference. I now there will be changes, things will happen, we will go to the zoo,mimi's, or whatever but at least I have a plan for my day and that has seemed to make a difference for everyone involved.
Check back with me in a couple of weeks and see if we still have our schedule, but for now it's working!! One week down infinity to go!!
This is what nap time now looks like!

5 comments:
I SWEAR by a schedule. Like SWEAR! I love them. It might be because I am a teacher and I am trained to do it, but I just think my kids thrive on it. They know what to expect, and what they can and can't get away with. I think it gives them a sense of security. They know what is going on in their lives.
I would love to know how it works.
I also love TV, and I get it in, (even though we don't have a tv) after the kids go to sleep or during naps.
By the way, just got a text from you today about a present for someone??? Do you need help with something?
his hair is getting long!
man- my girls are seriously lacking in the good hair department. :)
Thanks for posting this. I will refer back to it when baby #2 comes along. It looks good on paper. Hope it all goes well.
Do the schedule. I agree with Jen, but I was never good at having one. My own fault. Ryan sleeping is so adorable and peaceful! Love ya, Laur
When that boy is going, going, going, it is hard to imagine he can hold still long enough to sleep.
Post a Comment