Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cookie Exchange

I love me a cookie exchange!!! Tuesday I was having cookie exchange so I busted my B.U.T.T. cleaning the house but things just weren't going my way. First my brand new vacuum decided to stop sucking, which is never a good thing for a vacuum to do. It took me over an hour to diagnose the problem and then take the entire thing apart and put it back together-but I'm happy to report it is sucking perfectly now! Then while in my vacuuming splendor I failed to hear my darling two year old flush the toilet maybe a hundred times. Ryan came into the living room sheepishly and said," ut oh mom, toilet wet, floor wet!" Immediately panic alarms were ringing in my head! I ran into the bathroom to find about an inch of water covering the entire bathroom floor! L.O.V.E.L.Y.!!!!!! Of course on the day when I need to get EVERYTHING done, everything goes wrong, oh and Caroline was super whiny and clingy.


I was in the home stretch, I just needed to shower, put on makeup and finish making my 6 dozen cookies. At about 5 there was a loud knock on the door, I looked out the window in the door and didn't see anything but I was sure I had heard a knock so I opened the door. On the ground there was a baby in a basket with a bag of marshmallows!!! I was shocked it looked like Reese but it couldn't be her they weren't coming until Sunday and I had just talked to Katie last night, this couldn't be Reese, but who else could it be? I think it is Reese.....just then Delaney and Katie jumped out from behind the bushes!!! I was shocked, beyond shocked I had NO clue they were coming early! It was the best surprise ever! She got here just in time for the party! I was so excited that she was able to come early to hang out with me for a few days before all the Christmas festivities begin. On Wednesday we had a blast at the new Fort Worth Children's and Science Museum. We got there at 11 and left at 5-it was a fun filled day and everyone was happy! Today we just hung low and had great time. All 3 nights all 4 kids were in bed by 6:30, it has been perfect!! I miss my sister so much, so it is so nice to have a the space for everyone to come and stay at my house.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so happy you are getting some sister time and that you are making such good use of it! par tay!

will, jess, gabbie, kensie, cambrie... said...

it was so fun! thanks for the invite!