Sunday, September 12, 2010

Caroline had a little fight with the concrete and the concrete won!


This weekend I went to an Amish Festival with my mom and we had a great time.
Thank you Steve and Joann for watching the kids all day I really appreciate it, it was a nice to get away.
This is where all the men folk were hanging out, the lawn equipment auction.

They were auctioning anything you could think of.

Even squirrels, which is so funny because my mom was quoting Rat Race on the way there because we got kinda lost out in the middle of no where.

low and behold we found a stuffed squirrel.
"You girls wanna buy a squirrel? They make crackerjack pets!"


 This was a generator powered ice cream machine-it was super noisy! 

A bored amish boy with his mama.

We finished our adventure with some wonderful homemade vanilla ice cream and blackberry pie.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I was cracking up at your comments! I had a dream the other night that Derek Hough (of Dancing with the stars) grew to be like 6'10" tall and they tried to keep him on the show, but he looked so freakish that they had to boot him off mid season. Hilarious. I love dreams. I especially love that I am in yours! :) The festival looks so fun! I would love that!

Katelyn said...

so fun!
i wish i was there to go with you!

Lisa said...

So glad you went with me, next year, we need to get there earlier to get one of those stuffed squirrels up on the auction block even sooner. So we can buy it! wouldn't it make the best white elephant christmas present ever!

Laur said...

Looks like such fun! And delicious! I am all about delicious!

Laur said...

So sorry about Caroline and the pavement! Poor sweet thing! She's still adorable, though.