Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today we went to the Texas State Fair with Mimi and we had a blast!  The kids were picture perfect, the weather was perfect, it was just a perfect day!

 OHHH MY GOODNESS!!  can you see all the fried stuff?



 My little cowboy waiting his turn!

Caroline wasn't big enough to participate, so she just hung out with mom! 
 Getting all geared up for his big ride!   I warned Ryan that he might not win again this year and he need to handle it nicely, not pitch a fit or cry if he didn't win.  He said he was okay with that and off he went!

 Waiting for his big moment

 Walking into the arena, that is his nervous smile!

Practice ride

I think we were both excited, he won!!!

Explaining how it all happened!


A little chat with Mimi while waiting for the cow milking demonstration 


 That's my smiley girl!!

Look at her hork down that corn dog!!  

 After a little lunch, we were off to the petting zoo!  The kids love this place!




Caroline was fearless with this Emu!

Why did I buy food??  Just have Caroline go in and scoop food out of the trough, at one point a worker stopped and helped her scoop the food back into her cup!

Better her then me!!!  Could you even imagine??   If reincarnation really does exists I DO NOT want to come back as a mama pig! 

I was explaining to Caroline that the mommy was feeding her babies with her boobies, and that she had alot of boobies to  feed all her babies.  Well on the way home Caroline said, "I just have two boobies, not bunches of boobies!  That's too many babies, I just have two boobies!"  Apparently she was very concerned about our piggy conversation!!

I have gone to the fair for like 4 years now and I never knew that Big Tex moved!!  We had such a great day!

 The other day Ryan got it in his head that he wanted to ride a roller coaster, so today he got his chance!  Caroline came along for the ride, but I'm not sure that was a good idea.  
She was not as happy as she appears in this picture!  Ryan the whole time was yelling,"this is sweet, this is awesome, this is sweet!"  I guess he is ready for Six Flags!

 And then because we had tickets left Ryan got to ride something else!  He was so excited, and smiled the whole time!


It was a one of the best days we have had in a while!  What a great day with Mimi and the kids!

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

you look great em!!!! :)
i wish we were there

(urgh... want to come help me pack?)

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

you do look fabulous! I love the pigs! Your little people are so cute! Caroline made me laugh out loud with the pig conversation!

Anonymous said...

Em you look so good! Brent is going to love that pee wee video. Ryan is so cool!!

Cassie said...

Emily you look hot in these photos! Great job Ryan. I knew you could do it. Next year Caroline. What a fun day.