Okay so yesterday I was walking around Costco(my favorite place to go)getting some things for my enrichment activity when I looked up and saw my friend Shalene, who I hadn't seen in about 3 years and last I knew lived in Wisconsin!!! I was so excited I kind of abandoned Ryan in his cart and ran up to her and gave her a big hug, I think the whole store heard me scream!! I was so excited I was shaking and almost crying. I honestly had been praying for a new friend. Now don't get me wrong I have some great friends that I love to hang out with, but I lacking that friend that I can call at a moments notice and is up for anything. So like I said I was very excited, once we got over the shock we talked for a moment and realized the we have kids two months apart and she has lived less then 6 miles away from me for the last YEAR!!! So we exchanged numbers and she said she would call me that night. When I got into the car I called Jared, he didn't quite understand my enthusiasm but none the less he was very happy for me. That night she called and we deiced to get together Friday(today). So today Shalene came over today and we had a blast, it was like we had never been apart. I met her when I was working at Home Depot in Utah, and we just clicked at work, we didn't hang out a lot but she cut my hair and we talked at work a lot. She came over at noon with her beautiful little girl Jordan and we just hung out all afternoon, it was so nice. Anyways I am so excited to have another friend!!
This is Shalene's cute little girl Jordan
This is Shalene's cute little girl Jordan

2 comments:
Wow! If that isn't an answer to a prayer... I don't know what is!! How great for you! I am glad you have that friend there now! She has such a cute baby! It couldn't be more perfect with your kids being the same age, how close you live to each other and everything. Have fun! But don't forget you are coming to the zoo with me next week! :)
Cute story, Em. I know how you feel about needing a friend... seems like all my favorite people move out of state. I can count 5 or 6 that have moved 300 or more miles away. Little Jordan is adorable! Hope you enjoy lots of fun times together!
Post a Comment