Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One happy boy with new shoes--$12
Surround Sound Equipment~~$200
He pulled down a speaker on himself today

Curtain Rod~~$9

He also pulled this box down on himself today

Baby Gate~~$40

This was needed to keep him out of my messy dining room since I've been sewing like crazy!

Plexiglass with Velcro~~$25

My little invention to keep him from pinching his little fingers

Being able to keep a rolling baby out of everything he shouldn't be in to begin with~~Priceless
This is Ryan's favorite things to get into-he loved to open the cupboard and pull out all the DVD's and mess with the surround sound and turn on and off the cable. I'm very proud of my idea to try and keep him out of all this stuff.

When I first put him in front of the new blocking system he was bewildered, he was sure what to do, he sat there and tried to kiss it off and then tried to kick it off. We will see how long this will work. I'm sure at some point he will figure out how to take it off, but until then it's the best contraption I've ever thought of.

These locks are the next thing to go up!! They are the best, a little expensive, but worth every penny. You can't open the cupboard without the little magnet, they never wear out or brake. We had them at a daycare I taught at years ago and I loved them.

Last but not lest of my childproofing rampage, the plug covers~~I've gone around and put them in every socket. So hopefully we are totally safe and baby proof . But seeing as he has pulled two things on top of him, bitten a hole in his lip with his two little teeth,and roll off the couch(dad's fault, all the rest mine,) I don't think all the baby proofing in the world will keep him totally safe!!

This is the sad little baby stuck with just his plain old toys, not all the exciting grown up stuff, that is now all on lock down!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

good job mom!

JS said...

Love it Em! Good thinking with the velcro and plexiglass! I wonder how long it will last!

Katelyn said...

nice kicks dude! that is a super cute pic. ~katelyn