Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What a trip!!

Waiting to catch the plane-stretching his legs before the three hour flight to California. The first day there we met up with my friend Jen(from High School)
We had such a great time catching up.
We got a little treat at Sprinkles Cupcakes-if you haven't had them you need to give them a try.

We went to a beautiful outdoor mall-Texas doesn't have anything like this because it is so dang hot!! Here are all the kids sitting in front of the Koi pond. I was feeding the fish Goldfish crackers. It's fun because Ryan and Merrick and Berkleigh are about 6 months apart(Jen's are twins.) It's fun to see what Ryan will be doing in 6 months.


Okay so the time change was a killer for me because I stayed up until 1:30 with blog stalking and finding old friends on facebook, and laughing about old times. So 1:30 was really 3:30 my time and then Ryan was so kind to wake up at 5:30!!!! Lovely, so I had to keep him quite while everyone else slept for another two hours! This is Ryan bright eyed and bushy tailed!!!
We went to breakfast at the Sugar Shack-this was Ryan's pancake, not sure he ate any of it, but it was cute!
Jen and I
Ryan at Venice Beach!! Tuesday we had some serious time to kill, so we drove up the PCH from Huntington Beach to Venice. While not quite my idea of a beautiful drive, Long Beach is the pits!!! At least I had all the time in the world. Venice Beach was fun, we walked up and down the strip, there was a homeless guy saying "I just need 2 more dollars to buy a full bag a of weed, just 2 more dollars..." Well I guess you can give him credit for being honest.
Ryan had a blast at his first day at the beach. We went out into the water(it was really warm) and Ryan got so excited every time the break came up to us. He would look at it and laugh then bury his head into my shoulder.
I'm not sure if you can see it but he kept putting his forehead in the sand, and then laugh and laugh.
In this picture he was crawling over to this blond girl laying out!!! He LOVES blonds and will zero in on them in a crowd!! Luckily he is pretty darn cute and charming so people will tolerate a sandy baby crawling over to them.
burrrrr mom i'm cold!!
An early wake up call, and a day at the beach will cause anyone to fall soundly asleep!
What a blast we had camping at Carpenteria State Beach. We were less then 100yards from the beach!!! It was amazing. It was so nice to spend a little time with Bobo before he got married. Ryan learned how to say Bo!!! Ryan was such a trooper, he usually isn't a very good sleeper unless he is in his own dark, quite, comfy bed!! Well there was five of us in the tent and a train that went by about 4 time a night 50 yards behind us!! Ryan slept like a champ, maybe it was the long days in the sun on the beach?
The only bummer was since Ryan can't walk yet he was either in his stroller or his pack'n'play!!! He tolerated being strapped down pretty well.


Playing with the seaweed


He did not enjoy being buried alive!! Probably because he knew it meant he was about to get dunked in the ocean. One thing about Ryan is that he hasn't fallen asleep in my arms for a nap since he was about 3 months old, the major down fall of that is it's very hard to get him asleep when your out and about. The first day at the beach took about 45 minutes, but the second day only took 5 minutes. Who wouldn't like to fall asleep on the beach especially if you don't have to lay in the sand!!



This is our friends little girl McKenna-Ryan LOVED her-do you notice the hair color!!! She was so helpful, it was nice to have a little break!!
Gramps and Ryan in the water. This was the last day at the beach and I think Ryan was kind of over the whole idea!!
Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of Brent's wedding day!! I was so busy trying to keep up with Ryan I didn't have time to take piuctures. Hopefully I will get some in the near future. It was a beautiful day and Janesse looked beautiful and they both looked so happy, they were so mellow and calm.
Ryan also LOVED Chrissy!! Okay so she's not blond but she is wonderful!!! Ryan loved everything about her, whats not to love!!! She was so helpful and I wouldn't have made through the weekend with out her!! Maybe next summer she can come stay for a little while!! Ryan even learned how to say Issy- it was so cute!!




My aunt Laur is an angel and I love anytime I can spend with her!!
The pool at GG's- when I was a little girl I used to always ask Grandma when we could go to the pool- She would always say " when the fog clears" Well we waited for the fog to lift and had a lovely time at the pool.
GG was the best- She basically had to redecorate her entire house to accommodate an extremely busy one year old!!! His little boy can move, it makes me tired just watching him!! She will probably spend the next four days trying to get everything back in the right spot.
What a wonderful GG- she got in the pool and played with Ryan the whole time.
He loved this dumb bell and didn't want to let it go the entire time he was in the pool.
Laguna Beach-I want to live by the beach, I love everything about it!!! Who couldn't love this beach it is beautiful and the water was very warm.






Ryan and mommy enjoying the surf!!
He loved standing in this hole I dug for him-he happily played in there for quite awhile. It was so nice because he stayed in ONE spot!!
Our last day there we went to Dana Point to shop and have a nice lunch!!


It was a wonderful trip but extremely hard with a mobile child, it was alot easier when he was just a blob. Jared was able to join us for the wedding and it was so nice to have him there!
Thanks to everyone for such a wonderful time!!






5 comments:

Stephanie said...

California is so nice! Glad you had a great time. Hope you have been feeling well.

Katelyn said...

you make me laugh you think it is crazy now... just wait until he is running! :) I am sure it is only about 2 weeks away! What good pics you took! love you~ kate

Jessy Cheney said...

YAY! You're prego! That is so cool. And so fun we're due around the same time. I am so happy for you. Makenna is the BEST babysitter ever. Shes the perfect age and kid's trev and ryan's age just seem to love kids that age, or maybe it's just Makenna, She's the best with babies. I think I miss her the most when I come home. No more breaks! Congrats again with the baby news.

Katelyn said...

by the way- i love the pic of him is the stroller looking at the fish! i love it- it is so cute... one of my new favorites.

Lindsay said...

Ryan is soooo cute! Congrats on the one on the way!!!! When will this happen? Hey, can I add link with you? AND, how do you put so many pics on one blog entry? I can only get four....just what you need, homework!