Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Out on the town

So yesterday I went to Dallas to spend the day with everyone, we had planed to go to the State Fair, but it rained all day, so we decided to go shopping instead!! That always sounds like more fun to me anyways! We met at the Allen Outlet Mall at 11, every child had at least 12 hours of sleep, so we had well rested children or so we thought.... we got into the first store and Delaney melted down, being the oldest is really rough sometimes(I can feel her growing pains!!) So Katie(who was all dressed up and looking really cute) decided that she needed to take Delaney home!! Mom and I felt so bad for her since she was excited to get out of the house and looking so cute and frazzled with Delaney not knowing what to do!! Well mom seriously stepped up and said she would take Delaney and Reese home so we could enjoy our morning shopping!! Mimi is the best!! It was such a nice day with Katie!! I was so worried that as soon as mom left with the other kids Ryan would melt down and our fun shopping day would be totally over, luckily for us Ryan held it together!! Katie did some retail therapy and felt much better by the time we headed home!! We bought lunch for mom to pay her back and had a nice time while ALL the kids took a nap!!
Lesson learned-Going out is getting harder and harder with each child we have, by the time I have my baby we will be reduced to phone calls and keeping in touch with our blogs!! That's why you NEVER see anyone out with more then two children at a time! Oh well, we will keep trying, it might get worse before it gets better, but it will get better right? As soon as Delaney grows out of it, it will be Ryan's turn, oh joy!!

This was the best picture that we could get of all three!

Hopefully he will be that sweet and excited about his new baby sister!!

He wasn't that sweet and happy the whole time we were taking pictures, at one point he scraped her nose while tryng to point at it, and she started to scream, at that point Ryan didn't know what was happening!!

2 comments:

JS said...

Wow! What a day! ... and what a nice grandma! It reminded me of going to D land with my friend and her two kids and the twins. Totally outnumbered, and we sweat like dogs while the kids are running around happily... oh and there is always a meltdown sometime during the day.

Katelyn said...

YUCK- don't remind me of what a crummy day it was! :) I think those pictures are cute! They are pretty much real life! And I think it is funny how tiny Reese's head looks compared to Ryan. With D & R being such fat heads... Reeses lil head looks mini! love you! Thanks for helping me feel better the other day! I did have fun~ love you ~ kate