Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Changes are a brewing,

Okay so life around here is pretty rocky with a 3-1/2 year old and an almost two year old, tantrums are the norm, which is so not my favorite thing!!  I have been wanting a change, but not sure how to go about it, sometimes it is hard to get out of a rut.  Well I was blog hopping the other day and found a wonderful article, and the included talk by Jeffery R Holland, life changing I tell you!!  Well hopefully, life changing usually last about 2 weeks for me, so hopefully life changing lasts a little longer this time!!!

Anyho, yesterday my life changingness got off to a horrible start, and I was the one who ended the day crying! Part of this change is no yelling-I don't want my kids to look back and remember that I yelled all the time.  So I am changing my tune.  My sis and I have made a challenge, 30 days, who ever has the most days with out yelling gets $150-so the rules NO YELLING out of anger, and spend meaningful quality time with each child, that simple.  I already have my money spent(in my head of course), so I NEED TO WIN! 

Today was a better day, focus on the good, praise, not make "NO" my first answer, quiet time, and healthy meals.  1 day down 29 more to go....I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

um you can totally do it! i was talking to Brett about this the other day (he is the parent in our household that has the tendency to do the voice raising)and we realized that if one of our kids wasn't going to listen to us, it doesn't matter how loud our voice gets, they still don't do what we want them too... :) stinkers! i like your quality one-on-one time idea, most if the time that's what they really want anyway. good luck! i believe in you ;)

Laur said...

You CAN do it! Keep on keeping on!!!

Katelyn said...

urgh... having the flu while trying to implant is not going so well for me! i can catch up!